Tuesday, July 7, 2009

He's Dead, Get Over It

Here's my piece on the whole Michael Jackson crap... HE'S DEAD, GET OVER IT!!! I mean, c'mon here people. At the time of me posting, the dude has been dead for almost two weeks now. It's re-friggin-diculous. I don't know about you, but I'm friggin' tired of the whole media circuit that can't go one-half-hour without talking about this jackhole. It's boggles the mind. I eventually gave up watching the news from normal means and just started filtering what crap I want to know about from the internet. And even in that I have to bypass all the Michael Jackson crap (if only for a brief glance) to get to what I want to read and hear about. Hell, I've resorted if I wanted to watch the news in my living room that I would turn on my Wii and select the News Channel from the Wii Menu. It's frustrating to the max and to quote Peter Finch's character in the 1976 movie Network: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"


Ok, so I might be a tad bit overreacting, but I feel that this recourse is indeed in order. I'm sick and tired of it and I'm sure most of you are as well. And just in case you were stuck in the whirlpool of King of Pop crap, there were more than that happening in the world as well. Such things include North Korea's nuclear missile testing and shooting 7 missiles at my last count; the deaths of several other celebrities such as Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays, the murder of former Tennessee Titans Quarterback Steve McNair; and my personal favorite the Philadelphia Phillies opening up a can of whoop-ass on the Cincinnati Reds on Monday's game with a 22-1 win. This is just to name a few, a few of the things that happened. And I'm not even going to touch local issues which I'm sure that you Michael Jackson attention whores have just ignored along with the rest of reality.


I promised myself that I would keep this brief because I don't want to sink into that void. I just wanted to vent and to say, GET OVER IT. OTHER PEOPLE DIE, THIS IS JUST ANOTHER PERSON. So what if he's been in the limelight more often than any other piece of celebrity crap than what I can remember. It's just a memorial. Get it done, put 'em six feet under, and get on with your life already. That is what you do with any other dead person that was worth a damn, why give this jackhole more attention than he deserved.

I'm BootLeG sampler.. and I'm fed up with this crap...

No comments:

Post a Comment