Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stress

Stress. Everyone has it in their lives in one fashion or another. Some are more great than others as well. Not to say that all stress is good, but some things shouldn't be stressed upon, and some things if dwell upon too much could really do you some harm.

One thing that is stressing me personally is my wife. I care for her. I love her, cherish her, want to do good for her. But the deal is that we're expecting our son to be born later this month (June 26-ish) and she is a wreck. She's uncomfortable, tired, and really friggin' huge, and I can't do a damn thing about it. I want to just take all that stress away and let it be. And that's on top of all the other daily stress that occurs in my life; bills, food, sleep from working night shift, and all sorts of other crap (the hormones, oh my word the hormones). My wife is a real trooper dealing with this pregnancy and I can't wait for this to be done and we can begin to rejoice at the birth of our newborn. Now this is an example of serious stress, but truly shouldn't be dwelt upon too much because there's nothing that can be done about it (unless anyone out there knows how to induce labor, j/k). This is the stress of taking care of a loved one in true need. It's valor at one of its finest and some times, that kind of stress can kill ya if your not careful. Not to say to stay away from that kind of stress, but to not let it overtake you.

Another kind of stress is the non-serious stress. This is usually some kind of inconvenience rather than a necessity. One such thing is that we moved to a new home and wanted to get cable or satellite, but did not have the money for a deposit at the time. Now because of this, my wife and I are missing are favorite programming. She likes Jon and Kate plus 8 and Food Network and she is just at a loss at the moment. Myself, I'm missing my G4 and Spike because this week is E3 and there's a whole lot of big stuff happening right now that I just can't begin to fathom (Beatles Rockband, new Metal Gear for the 360, Forza Motorsport 3, and that's just from the Microsoft Press Conferance). I check out the internet (at least we have that at home) to see what I'm missing at E3 but like I said, it's an inconvenience. It's just sucks that this'll be the first time I would have missed an E3 coverage on cable since (thinking inside the wayback machine here) probably 2003. Yeah, that sucks, but I can deal with it. Just like I'm sure my wife is dealing with missing her TLC, QVC, HGTV, Planet Green, A&E, TNT, (if you're down with OPP, yeah you know me...) other programs out there. We deal with it and once again, try not to stress out over it, because this kind of stress is most certainly not worth it. Inconvenience does not warrant stress, it warrants a solution, and that's DTV and all the other subprograms that we're getting for free like 6 different PBS channels and 4 different ABC's. Hell, we live in the Phoenix area and we're getting Tucson stations. And that's a distance away. DTV isn't that bad of an alternative, (especially since I can still see Heroes in HD, sweet!)

But that is just two examples of stress that shouldn't be worried about, or at least in great detail. This is not to say that all stress shouldn't be stressed upon, it just to say "hey, don't sweat the small stuff and don't worry about something that you know you can't fix." Just worry about stuff that has a solution and work on it. Paying your bills is a stress that need to be stressed upon. Simple solution, get a job that has a paycheck. If you don't have a job, why the hell are you still reading this blog, get a job ya lazy bum... Taking care of your kids, that's every parent's responsibility and a stress that is a necessity in among itself. Surviving a zombie attack and outbreak, only should be stressed upon if you're in that type of situation (or playing any of the Resident Evil games).

So that's my ramble on stress... and right now I'm feeling a little bit more relaxed...

BootLeG sampler.. Signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment