Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What happened to my Weekend...

Now I'm all for having a little downtime now and then. Especially if you worked a full forty and wanting nothing to do but nothing, but that wasn't the case this past weekend. It seemed as if there was always something to do and not so much time to do it in.

So my weekend starts on Saturday morning/afternoon (depending on when my wife wakes me up after coming home from my shift) to Monday evening when I have to go back and do the whole forty-hour-thing again. I woke up around noonish, checked my Facebook and wanted to checkout all the E3 recaps from THE BEST GAMING SITE EVER (honestly, this is a non-paid endorcement, I'm just a huge fan.) That took up about 90 minutes or so, then I went to spend some time with my boys while try to do household chores like laundry and dishes. Typical Saturday since it's my weekend prep day to begin to chill, a few moments. Also we (me and the wifie) took our boys to the park to play for a while, around an hour. Then went to Goodwill to find some fabric to make stuff for the baby and I got a new toy to satisfy my nostalgic inner child in me, Stage II (if anyone remembers this board game, word up!) All this before she had to go to work for two hours, and that took about an hour. And just to clarify, yes, my wife is working until she pops out our newborn; her choice even after countless arguments to have her stay at home; she still wants to help. So my wife came home, we finally had some time for ourselves once we sent the kids to bed and did absolutely nothing until midnight.

Sunday came with an early start, leaving the house at 6:45 am to help with our church's bus ministry picking up kids and families to go to church that can't make it otherwise. (Honestly, this is not a gripe, just an explanation of what I've done and to reiterate why I titled this post the way it is.) Finally came back home around noonish to hopefully lay back and play some videogames. Didn't quite happen that way, still had laundry to do (apparently we were a little backed up this week, my bad) prior to reorganize the baby stuff to make it more practical for whenever he's born and taken back home from the hospital (hopefully Wednesday if they induce.) After those shenanigans, I finally got to play some games with the intention to watch the NBA finals as well later that day. Well that didn't happen for some grocery shopping was in order. It's a necessity, eating is a habit that I don't quite want to break so there's a voyage if anything. Got home, dinner time rolled around and just when I thought that the couch was calling my butt to sit on it, it made contact... but with nothing good to watch on TV. No movies to watch either because earlier (forgot to mention this) my debit card wasn't working so I couldn't rent from RedBox. And that ended that day, exhaustion and RedBox disappointment.

Monday, Monday... We went to our friends house to work on their starter for their car. To our knowledge from prior work on different cars, starters are easy to get to, but not theirs. Apparently you have to be Elasticman to get to their starter on their Camry and last I check, we weren't. So we ended up having to wait for them to get a mechanic to work on their car on site (I know a guy and he's cool, real professional; and once again, not a paid endorsement but if you're living in the Valley, I can post a comment to where you can find him on craigslist.) We then proceeded to waste the day at their place watching Spiderman 3 which I finally gotten a chance to see. One word, AWESOME! Then we went back home, did some more spring cleaning/nesting for the baby and soon as I knew it, it would be time to get ready for work.

So my statement on towards what happened to my weekend, it was too damn busy and not enough r&r. Once again, I'm not complaining and I would go though it all over again if I had to, but I felt that time management is my greatest weak-point and I'm not getting much better at it as I get older. Maybe one day it'll plan out and I'll be able to rest for a whole day, but I'm not holding my breath on it. And honestly, maybe I shouldn't. I feel the need to help others as well as myself, to get my hands dirty doing what needs to be done, and to do whatever it takes to get stuff done, not fast, but done right. So I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to lack of r&r, but that's not to say that I don't look forward to doing it all over again (just let it wait for my next weekend, cause it it happens during my week, there's gonna be some crap hitting the fan.)

BootLeG sampler.. signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment