Thursday, June 18, 2009

Inspiration Block

Since I've started working overnights, lots of things have changed in subtle ways. I'm eating forth meal (a meal between dinner and breakfast,) I've been posting on my blog and various social outlets more (always under the pseudonym 'BootLeG sampler..',) and another thing that some how seems to really gets my skin crawling. I've been on a creative stint and haven't been able to get out of the rut. Sure I bring my sketchbook to work with me and try to create new characters, but I feel that there's no story to it. At least not like my other characters that I've created. Also my musical outlet seems to be hitting the brick wall as well. I've had a few ideas for a couple of new songs, but nothing seems to be amalgamating together in a coherent fashion (even though some of my songs can be an enigma themselves.)

I felt that maybe I've reached a peak, but also feels that there's more to give and that I can't stop now. I just need to find a more solid ground to base everything from. These new characters that I'm trying to develop feels like more of a character development stage of an MMORPG than just some fantasy comic. Maybe it's a new direction since I've haven't venture that route yet. Create multiple plots and settings for them, break out the inner D&D geek in me towards these manifestations. I just don't know at this point. Maybe I'll figure it out, but for now, just keep on with the character creations and hopefully find a way to integrate them.

As for my music, well, maybe it's time for a little hiatus. I'm still working on trying to complete the series of songs that I'm currently working on before I can feel that its works are done. I go through this with every stint of writing that I create. But now I feel that I can possibly juggle drawling, storytelling, as well as songwriting all in my leisure. And I'll never give up and stop writing songs, that's a part of me (the BootLeG sampler.. and my true self.) It's an extension of me that I feel is a personal outlet to either vent or speculate from whatever point-of-view that is being presented and represented. Songwriting will always be a part of my life, I just wish that it's something that can be produced now with all these ideas that are running through my head.

So in short, I hit a speed bump and it kinda pissed me off. But hopefully I can go forward onto great things later on. Until next time,

BootLeG sampler.. signing out...

1 comment:

  1. Awww, poor hubby. It'll be ok...just like you always tell me. Just relax and it will come to you, if you are trying to force it you're only going to push it farther away. :) You'll find your path again, maybe it's just time to think about the fork in the road and which way you want or need to go. Loves.

    ReplyDelete