Wednesday, December 23, 2009

BootLeG's Year In Review

As you might have guessed it from the date and timestamp from this post, it's almost the end of the year. 2009 had a lot of stuff personally that happened to me and I just felt like I should share some of that to the world. Or at least the world that gives a damn enough to read my blog. BIG THANKS TO THOSE THAT READ MY BLOG (two thumbs up). Just to let you know, I'm not going to just write stuff down in a linear chronological order, just in the most importance for me that I'm willing to disclose. But don't worry, I'll either leave links and/or dates among the things I'm listing. So here to 2009; a blog. (Sorry, it was the only thing that I could come up with at the time).

June 22, 2009 :: Of course I gotta brag about this. The birth of my third son, Logan James. Such a cute little kid when he was born. And now he's growing, and drooling, and eating solid foods, and crapping solid foods, and all the other stuff that's normal for babies to do at 6 months. Yup, he's still cute, until he decides to pee on you while changing his diapers. So much of a mess (in the physical sense of the word), but so much to love. Just like my older 2 boys, Blaine and Skyler, so much to love. And speaking of the 2 boys...

August 2009 :: They started their first days of school (well, non-homeschool) this year; and I am so proud of them and how much they're learning and adapting from homeschooling to organized schooling. It also helps that it's the Christian School that our church provides, so it's free for the most part of any of the bad influences that we didn't want our kids to be exposed to in public school at such a young age; which is one of the most important reasons why the wifie and I wanted to homeschool them to begin with. Not only that, but it's an accelerated learning program and they're learning so much and doing so much, I just can't wait to see what the end of the school year would produce in their efforts.

May 20, 2009 :: I started this blog, BootLeG'd Ramblings. Just a simple rant and rave of things that peaked my interest. And my have that grown. (That would be sarcasm in cased you missed it). But seriously, I think that it went from just some mindless self-indulging rant to bringing up something a little more solid. And I hope that I can continue to grow in 2010 and more so with my blog.

Thanksgiving Weekend :: The wifie and I have been doing ever since we got married when I was in the Marine Corps. We invite a few friends to come over and have some dinner and such because we were both away from our homes at the time. But even so now that we've done it for 7 years now, we still get a kick out of doing it. A lot of turkey, a little football, and a helluva time with some good friends... can't really ask too much more for any weekend, huh?!?

October 19, 2009 :: I get a vasectomy. That's a life-changing decision right there. I mean, to be separated from something so near and dear, all for the benefit of the wifie not to go under the knife and endure surgery getting her tubes tied; that's a noble act if I do say so myself. But it was for the greater good, and I do it again if it was possible. (Thank goodness it's not possible).

So that's what I thought was definitely noteworthy as of this post for the year 2009 in the BootLeG sampler..'s world. Now I'm sure that there's plenty more that I'm forgetting and I'm gonna get flack from it from the wifie (because she always check on my blog, gotta love her), but for now that's what I can think of. So there's to 2009, hope for a helluva time for 2010.


BootLeG sampler.. signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment