It's safe to say that I am on my ass. Shortly after posting my last post of 2009, a surprising thing happened. Literally a few hours after posting, I was fired from my job. Two days before Christmas and they let me go. And no, this is not for blogging while at work, that had nothing to do with the bearing of why I was departed. But for reasons to be left undeclared (outside of a few personal contacts), my employer decided to sever ties. So my holiday gift from the good people of XYZ company (just to not put more fuel for the fire, but to vent after taking time to choose my words wisely); I am on my ass.
Trust me I was pissed off, livid, and all out ready to cause a scene, but I decided to take the high road and leave with my head held high. So I went home, told the bad news to the wifie, and she followed suite of what I was feeling from earlier for me. So as soon as that fiasco ended, I went to the interwebs and doing what I have been doing for the past few weeks to begin with. Looking for a new line of employment. To tell you the truth; I was unhappy with my job for the past few months, and even though I did not see this coming, was looking forward to put that ill place of servitude behind me. But this just put a jump start on what I wanted to do in the first place; because I was on my ass.
So I had something lined up for mid-January already, but I didn't want a break of employment before I took on that new position. But in the past almost two weeks, I've interviewed at two different representatives looking at my credentials and is awaiting opportunities if they at least meet or exceed what I was going to take later in the month. And even though it means that I'm strapped financially for a little while (at least for my final check they had the decency to give me holiday pay even though I didn't work Christmas Day, that was nice of them); I try to find a positive outlook on things of the sort. So I decided to make yet another bullet list, but this time, containing the good things of me being on my ass.
- Spending family time with my wife and two oldest sons during Christmas break from school. We baked cookies, watched movies, and had a blast playing with all their new toys this year.
- Time to reflect on getting new work. A benefit for that being that I was unhappy at my old job being stagnant for over two and a half years, as well as seeing if I could do better.
- Got to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Pretty bad-ass if I do say so myself. The reviews don't give it enough justice.
- I didn't have to wake up three hours before the butt-crack of dawn to go to a place that I dreaded.
- Analyze my priorities that were important to me: Family, church, happiness, and all that good stuff.
- Realize that my wife, being a housewife, has the hardest job of all. And I love her for it (yeah, I can get all cheezy and sentimental at times, it's called being good man to your woman).
And that's just off the top of my head. But for the mean time, I just ask that you keep me in thoughts and, hell, even pray for me; that I can get 2010 to a new dimension. And though I'm starting it out on my ass (see a trend here people), I'm certain that it'll be just fine. And since this might be my last post for a while while I concentrate on the obvious of important matters, I just like to say thanks to those that read whenever I post or just even stumble upon. Thanks. There, I said it. And I really meant it as well. And now it's time to get off my ass and do some good over here. Until next time...
BootLeG sampler.. signing out...