Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Rare Serious Moment

So it's been about a month (give or take a few days) since I've had been out of a job. Most people would feel depressed about the whole ordeal. And at first, yes, I was depressed. It sucks not working, having that income coming in, feeling like less of a man because you can't provide for your family. There's no other way to put it; I was depressed at first. But that old saying with that silver lining and all that jazz is true as well. I have tried many of things to relieve myself of my depression; and for the most part, it works. This is just me posting since it's been a while since I've done anything and, well, I figure that I could vent a little and keep up with my blog, I could kill two birds with one stone and show to people that there is light at the end of that tunnel.

One thing that I've learned was to love my family more. Now I don't mean just my wife and kids (that's a given…) but my extended family such as friends and those from church. Especially those from church; since I got let go, those from my church really helped out in a great way with moral support and prayers to find employment. Friends and colleagues from my past job helped as references for jobs that I was applying for. I feel that without them, it would have been ten times harder to cope and pick myself up from this mess.

Another thing is the fact that I've been more proactive in other things; mostly church related activities such as choir (which I started just before the holidays), helping more around the house, looking over homework assignments for my older boys (thank goodness it's only kindergarten and first grade work :P ), and updating myself professionally for those prospects that are there willing to hire me. As well as most importantly, having faith in time of need and being grateful for what I have; because honestly people, it could be a helluvalot worse.

Now at this moment, yes as I'm posting, I'm still unemployed, but at least I've put my foot in plenty of places that are great for my family. That's better that being deaf, blind, and dumb to everything. So hopefully those opportunities could come to fruition very soon.

So pretty much the main reason why I'm posting this is to say thanks for those that have supported me and my family in one way or another. Whether it be a job opportunity, prayer, moral support, whatever it may be. Thanks you, thank you for just being there to help in any way.

BootLeG sampler.. signing out…

No comments:

Post a Comment