Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I have a song that's stuck in my head

Don't you just hate it when you have a song stuck in your head. You try and you try and that darn thing is still playing like a pair of old men playing chess in Central Park, IT GOES ON FOR FRIGGIN' EVER!!!!!! Well, I have such a problem, but it's a little odd. And I ask if you respond or comment to this, that would be most appreciative. My problem stems from songs that don't have lyrics. Why don't they have lyrics, why are they so damn catchy, and what would be the lyrics if they had any.
This was spawned from a website that I frequent, and that one of the topics on it is remixing theme songs and adding their renditions of whatever lyrics to them (and by that I mean voicing over them with their own personal revamped lyrics.) So far, they were funny and that got me thinking, what theme songs could benefit from that. And for the longest time, I've been trying to figure out what the hell would become of the theme song for Sanford and Son if they had lyrics. It had a catchy tune in amongst itself (thank you Quincy Jones) and I just don't know what to make of it. Shaft had lyrics, Good Times had lyrics, and if What's Happening had lyrics, I'm sure it would only consists of how fat Rerun is, how much of a punk Dwayne was and how Roger always got spanking from his mom eventhough he was like 20 or something like that... what a wuss.

And another show that some might would think that benefit from adding lyrics would be M.A.S.H. But to most people's surprise, there is actually lyrics to M.A.S.H. It was in its movie and boy is that warped. The lyrics go on a morbid rant and follows with a chorus of suicide is painless, I was like WTF on that. Pretty heavy and bizarre stuff happening on that, even though it was a sitcom about war, most people sought it out as being a comedy, hell, it's final episode still reigns as the highest rated event on television. But I'm leaving the topic, people loved it and I bet you that if they actually played the lyrics of M.A.S.H on the show instead of keeping it as an instramental, it would have never lasted 11 seasons, lucky if it would have lasted the status quo of 6 episodes after airing its pilot. Pretty messed up.

Anyways, what is a song nowadays if if didn't have lyrics... and what are most theme songs nowadays, top 40 hits. I mean if I hear that stupid theme song from Friends one more friggin time I'm gonna go on a rampage to every coffee shop in the world and slapping every yuppie down that I see. I mean, that's that friggin annoying. Seinfeld didn't have lyrics, and quite frankly, I don't think it needed lyrics. Sanford and Son didn't have it and maybe for the best its not supposed to (but I think that I'll ask Q himself on that one.) It just boggles my mind, why lyrics, why no lyrics, why am I still rambling on about this... oh yeah, I know that answer, cause I'm the BootLeG sampler.., that's why and that's what I do.

BootLeG sampler.. signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment