Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What I have my PS3 doing for me

It's pretty much doing just about everything for me.  I gotta hand it to them, it really does do everything.  It's my media center, my game console of choice, and my gateway to all things HD.  It's so bad, and I remember from previous posts bitching about not having one and maybe I didn't know what I was missing.  Man, did I miss out.  Here's a quick synopsis of me and my PS3 these past few months.


1)  BLU-F'N-RAY!!!  Man, I figured well, the upscale on my DVD's are pretty damn impressive in among itself, I figure that I didn't need to search for Blu-Ray titles.  That is complete crap... I am on the hunt for some of the best and most bad-ass titles I can get my hands on in Blu-Ray for all that is good and 1080p.  I've rented stuff and it's making me wish that I had it in my collection.  I'm a friggin' noob again in getting my collection to match what I've done in DVD's.  I figure The Dark Knight is a good start and as soon as I'm done, I'm poppin' that bad boy in and rock it like Bruce Wayne in a fancy Gotham gala.  Okay, maybe like Bruce Campbell, but still, it's still pretty bad-ass...


2) Netflix.  It's such a great upswing from watching it on the Wii or on the laptop (which does do HD) versus the comforts of the PS3 powering my television with 1080p streaming video.  Watching some awesome movies and shows on it fills me with so much awesome that I at times have to change pants during the middle of a show.  Sure they rape my wallet with price hikes up the ass, that's why I just do only streaming for now on.  No more DVD's from them and I can always rent Blu-Ray's from Redbox or Blockbuster.  But for my instant gratification, Netflix all the way, baby...


3) The games, oh jeebus, the games.  They are so what this gamer wanted and more.  Pretty, fluid, controls for the most part, and the selection is great.  Now I'm not your typical gamer, but I'm a gamer nonetheless, so I stick with my RPG's, maybe a little Madden, and I've been on an Assassin's Creed kick for like since I got the damn thing.  I'm in love with the games the PS3 have to offer, but I'm not gonna ditch my Wii for the highest bidder, it is still intrinsically valuable in this household with my kids, and I love playing the hell out of Madworld still after all these years.


4) Finally a console for myself while the kids can have their Wii.  They know not to touch my stuff and I filtered out my Wii titles from theirs so they can only play their stuff.  It's just that now, while they're playing Super Mario Bros. Wii, I can get my Final Fantasy XIII on.  Maybe once they become a little more responsible, I'll let them play a little Little Big Planet... maybe...


And that's what I have been up to, outside of the normal and working on a new design for this blog of mine as well as for the wifie.  Let's bask in all that Sony had to offer and hope that the Vita won't be such a disappointment when it releases.  Man I'm still pissed that it's still only 3G with AT&T, friggin' stupid...


BootLeG sampler.. signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment