Sunday, September 11, 2011

I remember...

I remember where I was and what I was doing ten years ago today.  I'm pretty sure that everyone knew what they were doing and where they were that day.  It was traumatic for everyone here in this great nation and we as a nation did not let it cripple us, but used it to strengthen our stand and our beliefs.


I was enlisted in the Marine Corps and stationed in Okinawa that day.  I was watching footage in disbelief and awe that our nation was under attack.  I was hoping that my wife, then fiance, was safe since I heard of Flight 93 crashing in western Pennsylvania not knowing if she was anywhere near the site.  I was mentally preparing myself for the worst and praying for hope for my friends and family.  I was awaiting orders on what to do next due to the base being locked down in the middle of one of the worse typhoons to pass though the island.


I was terrified, scared, angry, hurt, angst, ravage, wanting revenge, wanting to take action, and most importantly wanting to be with the ones I love.  I see people in tears of this day due to sorrow.  I feel sorrow, don't get me wrong, but I also feel a since of readiness, as well as a since of being proud of taking a part of the defending our nation and making it safer due to the horrible attacks in New York, DC, and Pennsylvania.  I feel honored to have done what I could have done and look at the men and women who still out there protecting us.  I feel the pain and angst of those who loss love ones in the rescue efforts in NYC and the Pentagon and the heroism of the passengers of Flight 93.  I feel pride and sense of relief for those whom survived.


I remember Tuesday, September 11, 2001 like it was yesterday.  I can't speak for anyone else but for my own actions and my own feelings.  I hope that you feel the same as well, but I can't control you.  All I can do is preach on what I remember.


BootLeG sampler.. signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment