Monday, September 19, 2011

Forgotten Freshness

If you don't already freakin' know I am a huge fanboy when it comes to some kick ass music.  And one of my favorite bands of all time is doubleDrive.   You might have heard me mention them a time or two.  So now that I got that out of the way, I can segway to what I wanted to present to you guys.


A couple of days ago I was browsing YouTube just for shiggles, and every so often I do a search for my favorite things, some times there is new content.  And just so my luck, there is new stuff from the band.  I don't mean just bootleg concert footage from way back in 2003, which I don't mind, trust me on that.  I mean new material, well, sorta.  They're not getting back together anytime soon, they all moved on to other commitments, but it seems that some guy leaked unreleased material from them.  'I can't believe it, so friggin' awesome, new shit from dD' is what I initially thought.  So being the sucker that I am, I had to give it a listen.  And from my ear for music and memorization of all things aural, I can say without a doubt that at least one of them is a genuine doubleDrive unreleased track.


The one that I am doubt a little bit is the track listed "Hey Hey".  It sounds like Donnie Hamby's vocals and after listening to it a couple of times, I can see why if it was an unreleased track why they didn't put it on any of their albums.  The style was off as far as how as guitar and drums accompaniment, but it's still a good listen, so here it is if you want it...





Another one which I am certain is the true genuine article that is doubleDrive is a track called "Fed Up".  it sounds absolutely right and fitting for it to be one one of their albums, most likely Blue in the Face.  It's heavy yet melodic and the way all the instrumentals play is true to their form.  Here it is for your enjoyment...



So that's that in a nutshell, me being all fanboy out for such a kick-ass band, and now I can get to my regular scheduled mondane music listening.


BootLeG sampler.. signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment