I said that I would come back with a list. Sure I could've done a "list o' stuff" on what I've been up to this past few months or maybe something else more meaningful. But I said, the hell with it and make up a list of what I wanted to go and do for a while. Something of a challenge but it's a good fight. It's not a list of the best in any order, but it's a list of alphabetic proportions. Not to say that I couldn't come up with a list of top 26, but the fact of finding something that could list alphabetically is awesome enough. It can be good.
So here's the rules for hopefully an ongoing tag that I can continue with: all bands should start with the corresponding letter and if I can't think of one, well, it'll be excused; and all bands is the top of that letter at the time of posting in my opinion and just that, an opinion. If you don't like it, I'm comfortable with you not liking my opinion, it's still my blog and my list. So without further ado, here it comes...
- A: Authority Zero; because they're a kick ass punk band in my opinion (and that was before I moved to Mesa.)
- B: Barenaked Ladies; because they're the first B-band that I could think of at the time. No, really, that's the only reason.
- C: Charlie Daniels; do I really need a friggin' reason?!?
- D: doubleDrive; if you know me and my past rants on my blog, you know that I friggin' love this band. Too bad that they're broken up. :(
- E: Everclear; and surprisingly, they got better the more sober they became. But I still think that Santa Monica is the best song they ever made (note, they weren't sober during that time.)
- F: Foo Fighters; so much range of talent there that it oozes epicness.
- G: Guano Apes; they're foreign, they're ballzy, and they can even flex a soft side. Talk about range.
- H: HELLYEAH!; because I already got something lined up for M and I can't incorporate Mudvayne. Besides, they got Vinnie Paul from Pantera on there (one more thing that I can't put on an upcoming letter due to it being predesignated), and it's bleeds EPIC WIN!!!
- I: I Against I; this band is so underrated as a punk band that if you don't know them, you're friggin' lame!
- J: James Brown; The Godfather of Soul, the Hardest Working Man in the Business, in other words, he's just that damn good.
- K: KoRn; well, basically before former band members started dropping off the band like flies.
- L: Linkin Park; even though they're pop-ish, they're still kool to listen to.
- M: Metallica; I would be a damn fool if I didn't put them on the list.
- N: Nirvana; what can I say, I like old school grunge.
- O: OK Go!; surprisingly, they're not that bad of a band, and their viral videos are friggin' awesome to boot.
- P: Paw; if you're a fan of the original Road Rash game from back in the 90's, youtube them.
- Q: Queen, only because I needed a Q, and out of all that is out there, that's the best Q there is.
- R: Rage Against The Machine; BALLS!!! And that's all I'm gonna say.
- S: Stone Temple Pilots; they are perpetually stuck in the 90's and I like it.
- T: Tsunami Bomb; I am a sucker for female singers and punk music. This is it's wet dream.
- U: Unwritten Law; to go from punk, to pop-punk, to alternative, to who knows what and still rock it, kudos on my book.
- V: Velvet Revolver; once again, I needed a V, and they're decent for a supergroup, I'm not gonna lie.
- W: Stevie Wonder; who can deny the man his props. He's the Billy Dee Williams of Motown; it's like if Ray Charles had a love child with a can of Colt 45 Malt Liquor (breaking out in dance to Very Superstitious)
- X: yeah, I got nothin' for X, big surprise, huh?!?
- Y: I got nothin' for Y either, dunno why I'm drawing a blank... but,
- Z: ... (after 5 minutes of thinking of something and not putting on Zebrahead because I haven't heard much of them to rate if I like them or not) ... nothin'. Damn.
And that's my list. Hope you like it, if not, oh well, blame the English Language for having only 26 letters. And trust me, I tried to fight off the urge of adding on honorable mentions as much as I could, and this is what I got (outside of the Mudvayne namedropping for HELLYEAH!, I think I did pretty darn well.)
BootLeG sampler.. signing out...