Monday, September 21, 2009

How BootLeG got his groove back

Yeah, I know it's been like for-friggin-ever between posts, but I have a good reason for such.  Honest.  For starters, I've noted on one of my first posts that I've seem to have hit a roadblock on writing songs.  After all; as a bassist/lyricist that thinks very highly on his talents; that was a hard pill to swallow.  I always hated hitting those slumps where I think for the longest time that I had peaked and can never reach any higher of an apex.  It's a real crappy feeling for anyone I would assume.  But that was also when I was working overnights and had some time in my hands.  But as we all know now that I'm back working daytime shifts and that leads me to a more compact constraint on outside interests.  But sometimes in the strangest of times, inspiration comes and then you just have to let it take hold.
 
I've been back on days for well over a month now.  And as for the past three weeks, I've actually have been productive in song writing again.  I have seven songs at the time of this post that I'm working on currently that are brand-spankin'-new.  And it didn't occur to me until a few days ago on what my muse was in song creation.  Oddly enough; public transportation.  It's my funnel to find out what I can create during my 90+ minute commute from work to home and vice versa.  I guess it's the ambiance of having all the different people that takes the bus from the princes to the paupers, all the peaks and valleys of our society gathered in a 45-foot long tuna can.  It's strange on how just a simple change to someones environment can create a catalyst of events.
 
I can even see how since the break from the last time I wrote songs which was probably just after the beginning of the year to three weeks ago how my style of writing changed as well.   It's strange how my taste in lyrics matured after each hiatus in my opinion.  I found that it's more of a redemption and new found life type of message in these recent lyrics versus others that was motivated by angst.  But that's not to say that I have angst in these songs as well, it's just that it's more than that in these.  Some of my lyrics are as follows:
 
Lyrics from If I'd Won the Lottery:  Who needs a second house when you already have one // who needs so many cars that you could lose count // all I ever wanted was a simple life // so the hell with all the toys that the world could provide...
 
Lyrics from All the Pretty Girls: Oh, you pretty girls // you just don't know the trouble you're about to get in tonight // living in your own world // the consequences you'll have in store, are far to dire so I make this song out to // all the pretty girls...

Lyrics from Nothing to Prove:  Allegiance, deceit, and lies, can never hide in the fashion that you're wearing // burn the chevrons off your sleeve and wear your heart proud when your the victor, faker...

And that's just a sample (no pun intended) of what I've been up to.  Hopefully once I get some things together I could post the full version but I'm a perfectionist like that and I would also would like to get some audio with it as well to post.  But that's gonna be a good while before that happens.  So until then, I'm just gonna have to keep up with perfecting these songs analog before posting them on my blog; but rest assure, they're gonna be friggin' awesome when I do.

To finding my muse, flowing with it, and finding a balance between my songs and finding time for my blog...

BootLeG sampler.. signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment