Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WTF PEOPLE!?! Electronic Cigarettes

There's just something that I don't get at times.  Why to people try to gun a yellow light from 500 feet away?  What is the fascination of the lottery to most people?  Why the hell don't my kids listen to me?  But those are other discussions, well, maybe not, but it's open.  For now it's all about a growing trend that, well, just about as stupid as the one they're trying to abolish.  Electronic cigarettes trying to make way as the new trend to stop the hazards of smoking but making you look like a complete tool doing it.  I know there have been other things like patches, gum, twelve-step programs, and a bunch of stuff.


But these things now are like the big fad and they look stupid as hell.  I can't believe how popular it become.  Essentially the premise is that they charge from an AC outlet and you can puff and puff from your heart's content and blow out water vapor to look like smoke.  It's like a grown-up version of candy cigarettes.  Really stupid looking and impractical.  And not to mention it's like hella-expensive.  I've seen commercials for such going for a pack of e-cigarettes for $130.  A lot of money for smoke and mirrors (really bad joke, I know)  And for what, to look like this?!?


Of course I'm a big fan of good ol' going cold turkey.  I haven't had a cigarette personally for four years now.  Luckily for me I haven't been smoking all that long, so the process of going cold turkey was good.  And the fact that I was cheap just drove me to quit faster because cigarettes cost money; and that was money taking away from bills and family.  So one and one made two and that's that.


In closing, the point of this rant is smoking is stupid.  No matter what medium you use, it's friggin' stupid.  Unless you're that guy in the video, and then it's funny and stupid.  The easiest thing is if you don't smoke just don't, and if you do, stop.  You'll thank me and everyone that's been telling you to stop later.

BootLeG sampler.. signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment